Crystal Serenity's Inaugural Call to Nanaimo on Friday August 5, offers summer visit for Central Vancouver Island.
President & CEO of the Nanaimo Port Authority, Bernie Dumas is excited about this inaugural call by Crystal Cruise Lines – a luxury cruise line that is so well suited for the Port of Nanaimo. “Our warm Central Vancouver Island welcome will be primed for this luxury ship call to our port. With feedback over the years that we host largest cruise ships very well, the Crystal Serenity with 1070 passenger capacity, is another line that we look forward to working with as our cruise program evolves.” The Crystal Serenity arrives Friday, August 5th at 7AM and departs at 5PM.
The Crystal Serenity is consistently awarded the highest accolades by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler, among others.
Dumas comments: “The Crystal Serenity is a luxury class cruise line designed to please a specific type of passenger. We are delighted that they chose the Port of Nanaimo for our local & regional shore excursions to the Alberni and Cowichan Valleys including the Parksville - Qualicum area.” As passengers arrive in the cruise ship terminal, Tourism Nanaimo Travel Counsellors will greet passengers with Nanaimo Bar samplings and point the way to photo opportunities with the RCMP in Red Serge, the ‘Big Tub’ and displays of racing tubs from the Loyal Nanaimo Bathtub Society. Cannon Firings at our historic Bastion are scheduled for 11 AM, noon, and 1 PM.
Passengers can also take in the popular harbourside walkway, the Pioneer Waterfront Plaza and our interesting museums. Complimentary shuttles transport passengers from the cruise terminal through downtown Nanaimo where they engage with local volunteers organized by the Downtown Nanaimo BIA. Contact with local culture include the downtown area, galleries, eateries and walking tours which receive positive passenger feedback on a consistent basis. Dumas continues: “Economically, this cruise call will have an average immediate impact of over $100,000 to the region. Additionally, passengers seriously consider our destination for a future multi-day visit.”
Crystal Serenity Facts:
- The Crystal Serenity is 820 feet in length with a beam of 106 feet, draft of 25 feet with 13 decks and a cruising speed of 25 Knots.
- She carries approximately 1,070 passengers with a crew of 655.
- She is on an 11 day cruise starting on July 27th in Vancouver, cruising to Alaska and returning to Vancouver via Nanaimo, concluding on August 6th.
- The Crystal Serenity is going to make a highly anticipated return to the legendary Northwest Passage on August 16, 2017. She is going to set sail and traverse the Arctic Ocean sailing out of Anchorage/Seward, Alaska to New York City via the famous route (500 miles north of the Arctic Circle). This cruise will last 32 nights and will provide passengers with an expedition style of cruising.
- The history that surrounds the route stems back to over 100 years ago when it was first completed by Roald Amundsen. This route covers 900 miles of waterways filled with stunning fjords, glaciers and vast landscapes. Crystal Serenity will be escorted by the ICE 05 classed icebreaker Ernest Shackleton (equipped to navigate through ice-covered waters) through the Northwest Passage. The companion ship is operated by British Antarctic Survey and will provide operational support and safety to the 1,070-passenger luxury vessel. Crystal Cruises is the first major, luxury cruise line to try a sailing through the icy waters of the Northwest Passage.
The Nanaimo Port Authority is one of 18 Port Authorities across Canada, established under the Canada Marine Act, to promote and support the National, Regional and local economy and to ensure a safe and secure harbour for cargo operations.
The second and third year are usually mainly quite theoretical although the teachings are often accompanied by placements in the field (e. During 4th, 5th and 6th years, medical students get a special status called 'Externe' (In some universities, such as Pierre et Marie Curie, the 'Externe' status is given starting in the 3rd kamagra kamagra indonesia year). They work as interns every morning at the hospital plus a few night shifts a month and study in the afternoon.
At the end of first year, an internal ranking examination takes place in each of these universities in order to implement the numerus clausus. First year consists mainly of theoretical classes such as biophysics and biochemistry, anatomy, ethics or histology. Passing first year comparaison levitra viagra cialis levitra hong kong is commonly considered as challenging and requires hard and continuous work. Each student can only try twice.